Experience Japan with Fon rental WiFi
4G LTE high-speed connectivity anywhere, anytime, even on the go
Lowest prices, Simple flat rates. Discounts on multiple rentals.
We're experts at keeping people connected. 100,000+ satisfied rental WiFi customers.
Customer and technical support is available in Japanese and English
Wireless broadband connectivity that gives you greater coverage and faster speeds in more places.
Our rental devices are real workhorses but we also offer a spare battery for heavy use on the go
We take all the hassle out of your holiday with direct delivery to your place of stay. It will be there waiting for you!
Advantages of Fon rental WiFi
Order before your travel to Japan. Make payment to confirm your order.
Your order will arrive at your designated destination or pick up point prior to the rental start date
Following simple set up, enjoy high-speed connectivity anywhere, anytime, while in Japan!
To return, use the prepaid, self-addressed envelope included in the delivery pack. Put in all items, seal the envelope and drop it into any Japan Post postbox located throughout Japan (and major airports)
Hot Devices Line-up
Softbank 601HW+USB mobile power rental
|highest transmission speed
||Up to 612Mbps downloads
|continuous Communication time
||6 hours continuous use
Speed Wi-Fi NEXT W05+USB mobile power rental
|highest transmission speed
||Up to 440Mbps downloads
|continuous Communication time
||9 hours continuous use
Our Other Exclusive Services
Save money with counter pickup
We have pickup counters in Sapporo, Tokyo and Fukuoka
Get a discounted second device
Save on a second device for family member or travelling companion
Peace of mind coverage for loss or damage to rental devices. 90% of customers opt in.
Fast Delivery Times
We have offices in Sapporo, Tokyo and Fukuoka, ensuring faster delivery times to more places throughout Japan.
Rental WiFi Service
- What is your WiFi service coverage area?
- Our WiFi service provides good coverage throughout Japan, utilizing multiple high-speed networks. For specific area coverage information, by network, check the following:
・for model 601HWhere
・for model W05here
- Are your WiFi devices easy to use?
- Yes. To connect, you turn on our rental device, select its WiFi network name from your phone (or your other WiFi enabled
devices) and input the password. It really is that simple. An instruction guide is included to step you through setup and daily use.
- What comes in your WiFi device pack?
- The pack includes a small WiFi device (mobile router), a USB wall charger & cable, a USB mobile battery, an instruction guide and a customer questionnaire.
- Are there any bandwidth caps on your WiFi devices?
- At some point, total data allowance limits do exist. Different network providers apply different limits in line with their own fair usage policies (FUPs). If a provider thinks your WiFi device is consuming too much data too quickly, they may apply a temporary stop or speed restriction on the connection.
Our devices are subject to the following network provider imposed limits:
- model W05: No monthly cap but if usage exceeds a total of 10GB in 3 consecutive days, the network provider might temporarily suspend the connection
might temporarily suspend the connection.
- Does your WiFi device support smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices purchased outside Japan?
- Yes, our WiFi devices support Internet connectivity for any WiFi enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop device/s.
- Can I receive a WiFi device the day after I order it online?
- Yes, if you order prior to 2PM Japan Standard Time one day prior to your intended pick up and use, then a quick delivery is possible*.
*This option depends on the delivery address/location, which determines delivery logistics. Contact us for specific advice.
- How is your rental period calculated?
- The date the product arrives at the nominated pickup address is defined as the ‘Rental Start Date’. The date the product is placed in a Japan Post box for return is defined as the ‘Rental End Date’.
- Can I return the product before the end of the rental period (i.e. return it early)?
- Yes, you can return the product at any time before the end of the rental period. However, there are no refunds for early returns (i.e. unused days).
- Can I extend my rental period?
- Yes, if you wish to extend the rental period you must do so in advance of rental period expiry*.
*Overdue fees will be levied on extensions made/applied for after the rental period ends.
- Do I need to pay Internet access fees?
- No, internet access fees are not charged in addition to the overall service rental fee if bandwidth caps are not exceeded.
- Are there additional charges to your stated service rental fees?
- Yes, there is a 1,080 yen (tax inclusive) fee for shipping, and a fee for product damage/loss insurance (which is optional).
- Can I get a partial refund if I return the product before the end of the rental period?
- No, there are no partial refunds for early returns (i.e. unused days).
Delivery / Return
- Does the shipping fee cover delivery and return?
- Yes, the shipping charge covers both delivery (to you) and return (back to us).
- Can you deliver directly to my hotel?
- Yes, we can deliver to the reception desk of the hotel address you indicate in the online order form. When ordering, please indicate the recipient’s name in the recipient field.
- Can I return the product via any post box?
- Yes, you return the device, using the envelope included in the pack, via any (Japan Post) post box*. *You must return the product via a post box in Japan. International delivery is not accepted.
- Are there any post boxes at the airport?
- Yes, every airport has a post box. Returns can be made via an airport post box, before you pass through international departure security gates*.
*There are no post boxes beyond international departure security.
- How can I find post box locations in Japan?
- You can find post boxes via the site PostMap.
- I appear unable to receive emails from [fon-rental wifi].
- You may need to add our address (email@example.com) to your mailbox’s list of accepted email address domains. Some online emails services and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) can have security settings that filter/block our address domain.
- What should I do if I receive a software (firmware) update for the WiFi device?
- You can update if you wish, or choose to ignore it. The device will continue to operate normally if you don’t choose to update.
- What happens if the WiFi device suffers damage?
- You will be required to bear the costs of repair for any malfunctions or damage (including water damage) caused during your rental period. If the device is damaged beyond repair, you will be charged the 42,000 yen replacement cost*.
*If you have our ‘Peace of Mind Insurance’ coverage, repair costs are waived.
If device malfunction occurs during use, contact us ASAP and we will discuss options to send you a replacement device.
- What happens if the WiFi device gets misplaced or lost?
- If the device is misplaced or lost, you will be charged the 42,000 yen replacement cost*.
*If you have our ‘Peace of Mind Insurance’ coverage, you will be charged only half the 42,000 yen replacement cost
- Can I change or cancel my order reservation?
- This depends on the circumstances. Please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our investors share our vision
Who we work with
- - The indicated connection speeds refer to the maximum possible. The actual speed may vary.
Connection speed may become slow due to factors arising from your cell phone’s specs, surrounding environment and network congestion, etc.
- - If you use the device at a location where it is difficult to receive signals, such as inside a room, underground, inside a tunnel, where there are buildings that cause obstructions in the vicinity, in the mountains, or at sea, even if you are within the signal service area, you may still be unable to access the Internet.
If you wish to access the Internet, please do so in an area where the signal strength is good.
- - The WiFi SAMURAI rental service is for use in Japan. We are unable to provide any rental services for use outside Japan.
- Bills and Payments
- - Payment with the following credit cards is accepted.